* blink-matching-paren is missing
@ 2006-06-09  2:11 Brad Collins
From: Brad Collins @ 2006-06-09  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running a recent build from CVS (less than a month) and noticed
the following in the manual.

,----[ 31.4.3 Automatic Display Of Matching Parentheses ]
|    `blink-matching-paren' turns the feature on or off: `nil' disables
| it, but the default is `t' to enable match display.
|
|    `blink-matching-delay' says how many seconds to leave the cursor on
| the matching opening delimiter, before bringing it back to the real
| location of point; the default is 1, but on some systems it is useful
| to specify a fraction of a second.
|
|    `blink-matching-paren-distance' specifies how many characters back
| to search to find the matching opening delimiter.  If the match is not
| found in that distance, scanning stops, and nothing is displayed.  This
| is to prevent the scan for the matching delimiter from wasting lots of
| time when there is no match.  The default is 25600.
`----

None of these appear to exist any longer.  If is has been removed then
the manual should reflect this.

I was using flash-paren.el do accomplish this which now doesn't seem
to work.

I saw a page on emacs-wiki mentioning paren-set-mode but this doesn't
appear to exist either.

b/

--
Brad Collins <brad@chenla.org>, Banqwao, Thailand

* blink-matching-paren is missing
@ 2006-06-09  7:10 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2006-06-09  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > I'm running a recent build from CVS (less than a month) and noticed
 > the following in the manual.
 >
 > ,----[ 31.4.3 Automatic Display Of Matching Parentheses ]
 > |    `blink-matching-paren' turns the feature on or off: `nil' disables
 > | it, but the default is `t' to enable match display.
 > |
 > |    `blink-matching-delay' says how many seconds to leave the cursor on
 > | the matching opening delimiter, before bringing it back to the real
 > | location of point; the default is 1, but on some systems it is useful
 > | to specify a fraction of a second.
 > |
 > |    `blink-matching-paren-distance' specifies how many characters back
 > | to search to find the matching opening delimiter.  If the match is not
 > | found in that distance, scanning stops, and nothing is displayed.  This
 > | is to prevent the scan for the matching delimiter from wasting lots of
 > | time when there is no match.  The default is 25600.
 > `----
 >
 > None of these appear to exist any longer.  If is has been removed then
 > the manual should reflect this.

Please use report-emacs-bug for bug reports.

I can see them, they're all in simple.el which should get loaded when Emacs is
built.

 > I was using flash-paren.el do accomplish this which now doesn't seem
 > to work.

This doesn't seem to be part of Emacs.  You need to contact the author.

 > I saw a page on emacs-wiki mentioning paren-set-mode but this doesn't
 > appear to exist either.

This doesn't seem to be part of Emacs either.

* Re: blink-matching-paren is missing
@ 2006-06-09  7:22 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2006-06-09  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Brad Collins <brad@chenla.org>
> Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:11:05 +0700
>
> I'm running a recent build from CVS (less than a month) and noticed
> the following in the manual.
>
> ,----[ 31.4.3 Automatic Display Of Matching Parentheses ]
> |    `blink-matching-paren' turns the feature on or off: `nil' disables
> | it, but the default is `t' to enable match display.
> |
> |    `blink-matching-delay' says how many seconds to leave the cursor on
> | the matching opening delimiter, before bringing it back to the real
> | location of point; the default is 1, but on some systems it is useful
> | to specify a fraction of a second.
> |
> |    `blink-matching-paren-distance' specifies how many characters back
> | to search to find the matching opening delimiter.  If the match is not
> | found in that distance, scanning stops, and nothing is displayed.  This
> | is to prevent the scan for the matching delimiter from wasting lots of
> | time when there is no match.  The default is 25600.
> `----
>
> None of these appear to exist any longer.

??? I clearly see them all in the current CVS.

How did you establish that these three variables are gone?

* Re: blink-matching-paren is missing
@ 2006-06-09 15:59 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2006-06-09 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    None of these appear to exist any longer.  If is has been removed then
    the manual should reflect this.

They still exist.