* 23.0.50 build problem with Windows
@ 2007-09-19 13:53 Sridhar Boovaraghavan
From: Sridhar Boovaraghavan @ 2007-09-19 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When I try to build (nmake bootstrap) the CVS HEAD version (23.0.50)
downloaded 9/17/2007 afternoon in my Windows XP environment, it
stumbles on the following problem:

-- extract from lib-src/makefile
../src/config.h:	../nt/$(CONFIG_H)
			echo $(CONFIG_H) has changed.  Re-run configure.bat.
			exit -1
--

I configured with "configure.bat --with-msvc --without-xpm". I am
using VC 2002.

The problem is that the config.nt file is created, but the
src/config.h is not replaced during the configure process.

I worked around this by replacing src/config.h and paths.h with
nt/config.nt and paths.h respectively.

Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks,
Sridhar
--
Sridhar Boovaraghavan

* Re: 23.0.50 build problem with Windows
@ 2007-09-19 14:19 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-09-19 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sridhar Boovaraghavan; +Cc: emacs-devel

Sridhar Boovaraghavan wrote:
> I configured with "configure.bat --with-msvc --without-xpm". I am
> using VC 2002.
>
> The problem is that the config.nt file is created, but the
> src/config.h is not replaced during the configure process.

config.nt is not created by configure.bat, it is checked out of CVS.

Did the configure fail for some reason?

* Re: 23.0.50 build problem with Windows
@ 2007-09-19 23:31   ` Sridhar Boovaraghavan
From: Sridhar Boovaraghavan @ 2007-09-19 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> writes:

> Sridhar Boovaraghavan wrote:
>> I configured with "configure.bat --with-msvc --without-xpm". I am
>> using VC 2002.
>>
>> The problem is that the config.nt file is created, but the
>> src/config.h is not replaced during the configure process.
>>

> config.nt is not created by configure.bat, it is checked out of CVS.
>

> Did the configure fail for some reason?

My mistake then - it had a very recent time-stamp that led me to
believe that is being generated.

No, the configure didn't fail. It complained about xpm not being there
in my system and thus I tried --without-xpm and that worked fine.

I don't think this is a problem with the EMACS_22_BASE tag because I
have been able to build it in the past.

Are there any other details that I can provide?

Thanks,
Sridhar
--
Sridhar Boovaraghavan