* Byte-compilation warnings on w32
@ 2008-08-29  8:21 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-08-29  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

Today's CVS produces the following warnings on MS-Windows when
byte-compiling lao-utils.el:

    In lao-composition-function:
    lao-util.el:495:29:Warning: reference to free variable `gstring'

    In end of data:
    lao-util.el:521:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
	defined: lgstirng-char-len, font-shape-text

* Re: Byte-compilation warnings on w32
@ 2008-08-29 10:58 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-08-29 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

In article <u3ako1ba8.fsf@gnu.org>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Today's CVS produces the following warnings on MS-Windows
> when byte-compiling lao-utils.el:

>     In lao-composition-function:
> lao-util.el:495:29:Warning: reference to free variable
> `gstring'

>     In end of data: lao-util.el:521:1:Warning: the
> following functions are not known to be defined:
> lgstirng-char-len, font-shape-text

Oops, I committed a half-cooked version by mistake.  Just
corrected.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: Byte-compilation warnings on w32
@ 2008-08-29 14:44   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-08-29 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Kenichi Handa <handa@m17n.org>
> CC: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:58:54 +0900
>
> In article <u3ako1ba8.fsf@gnu.org>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Today's CVS produces the following warnings on MS-Windows
> > when byte-compiling lao-utils.el:
>
> >     In lao-composition-function:
> > lao-util.el:495:29:Warning: reference to free variable
> > `gstring'
>
> >     In end of data: lao-util.el:521:1:Warning: the
> > following functions are not known to be defined:
> > lgstirng-char-len, font-shape-text
>
> Oops, I committed a half-cooked version by mistake.  Just
> corrected.

Thanks.

* Re: Byte-compilation warnings on w32
@ 2008-08-29 17:56   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-08-29 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> Oops, I committed a half-cooked version by mistake.  Just corrected.

Looks like you also need to change tibetan-composition-function
to use font-shape-gstring (great function name, BTW) in place of

@ 2008-09-06 18:56     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-09-06 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

A reminder:

@ 2008-09-07  0:11       ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2008-09-07  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

In article <hdvdx9umqq.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org>, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> A reminder:

> Glenn Morris wrote:

> > Looks like you also need to change tibetan-composition-function
> > to use font-shape-gstring (great function name, BTW) in place of
> > font-shape-text.

Thank you.  For the time being, I made Tibetan to use
directly font-shape-gstring.  That means, Emacs can display
Tibetan only with a proper OTF font.  After I fixed some
other bugs, I'll make Tibetan use
tibetan-composition-function and and fix it work even if
font-shape-gstring fails.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@ni.aist.go.jp

* Re: Byte-compilation warnings on w32
@ 2008-09-07  0:29         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-09-07  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

> Thank you. For the time being, I made Tibetan to use directly
> font-shape-gstring. That means, Emacs can display Tibetan only with
> a proper OTF font. After I fixed some other bugs, I'll make Tibetan
> use tibetan-composition-function and and fix it work even if
> font-shape-gstring fails.

Thanks. Do you have time to look at this patch:

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832

It would be nice if the nextstep port could build again...