* Emacs From Git, org html preview and EWW
@ 2022-12-07  4:23 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2022-12-07  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Until the org 9.6 update landed,
I could preview the HTML for an org file by pressing 'C-c C-e  h o'
and have EWW display the preview -- didn't need anything special other
than setting
'(browse-url-browser-function 'eww-browse-url)
via Custom.

Now with org-9.6, it always opens the preview in Chrome and ignores
the custom setting; and looking through the code in org/*.el did not
shed any light as to where this logic changed.

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: Emacs From Git, org html preview and EWW
@ 2022-12-07 13:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-12-07 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:23:48 -0800
> From: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
>
> Until the org 9.6 update landed,
> I could preview the HTML for an org file by pressing 'C-c C-e  h o'
> and have EWW display the preview -- didn't need anything special other
> than setting
> '(browse-url-browser-function 'eww-browse-url)
> via Custom.
>
> Now with org-9.6, it always opens the preview in Chrome and ignores
> the custom setting; and looking through the code in org/*.el did not
> shed any light as to where this logic changed.

Please report this to the Org developers first.

Thanks.

* Re: Emacs From Git, org html preview and EWW
@ 2022-12-08 15:43 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-12-08 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 07/12/2022 11:23, T.V Raman wrote:
> Until the org 9.6 update landed,
> I could preview the HTML for an org file by pressing 'C-c C-e  h o'
> and have EWW display the preview -- didn't need anything special other
> than setting
> '(browse-url-browser-function 'eww-browse-url)
>
> Now with org-9.6, it always opens the preview in Chrome and ignores
> the custom setting

For me Org-9.3.1 opens browser configured in /etc/mailcap as well, so I
could not confirm that the change in behavior is caused by Org-9.6.
However my result is not for the development branch of Emacs.

Please, show the result of

(progn
  (mailcap-parse-mailcaps)
  (mailcap-mime-info "text/html"))

Do you have any customization of `org-file-apps'?