In article , Miles Bader writes: > I tried 3 different fonts, and two different character combinations > ("e" + COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT [0x301], and "e" + COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX > ACCENT [0x302] + COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT), in Emacs and gedit: > -Emacs- -gedit- > "Dejavu Sans Mono" PERFECT PERFECT > "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" NONE OK > "Lucida Typewriter" NONE PASSABLE I downloaded "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/ and tried it with gedit, but when I choose that font through the menu: "Edit->Preference->Font&Colors->Editor Font", gedit doesn't compose the characters (see the attached image). How did you specify the font for gedit? --- Kenichi Handa handa@m17n.org