Hi, This patch is intended to fix bug #52792. This uses `gnus-group-name-charset' to decode group names when fetching from **NNTP server only**, `gnus-group-real-name` is modified to decode group names based on their attached `charset' text property. It is expected that when Gnus saves group names to ~/.newsrc.eld, the text properties are correctly saved. If we can assure only NNTP needs this special encoding, I may move the coding coversion to nntp.el instead, and fix `gnus-group-name-charset'. -- LDB