* How to check copyright assignment papers?
@ 2003-07-31 10:24 Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2003-07-31 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw

What is the best way for me to check if a person has signed copyright
papers for Emacs (and which kind of papers) in case I want to apply a
patch of that person?

Lute.

* Re: How to check copyright assignment papers?
@ 2003-07-31 19:00 ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-07-31 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

Lute Kamstra <Lute.Kamstra@cwi.nl> writes:

> What is the best way for me to check if a person has signed copyright
> papers for Emacs (and which kind of papers) in case I want to apply a
> patch of that person?

Connect to fencepost and read or grep copyright.list:

   grep Hannu /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl
I was on holidays from 2003-07-01 to 2003-07-29 and have a lot of catching up to do.

* Re: How to check copyright assignment papers?
@ 2003-08-01  7:10   ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2003-08-01  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

Alex Schroeder <alex@gnu.org> writes:

>> What is the best way for me to check if a person has signed copyright
>> papers for Emacs (and which kind of papers) in case I want to apply a
>> patch of that person?
>
> Connect to fencepost and read or grep copyright.list:
>
>    grep Hannu /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

Ah, so I would need an account on fencepost.   Hmm, maybe I'll just
ask someone who does when the occasion arises.

@ 2003-08-01  9:43     ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2003-08-01  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: alex, emacs-devel

> >> What is the best way for me to check if a person has signed
> >> copyright papers for Emacs (and which kind of papers) in case I
> >> want to apply a patch of that person?
> >
> > Connect to fencepost and read or grep copyright.list:
> >
> >    grep Hannu /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list
>
> Ah, so I would need an account on fencepost.  Hmm, maybe I'll just
> ask someone who does when the occasion arises.

Any reason why this file isn't available from public FTP somewhere in
the GNU hierarchy?  Downloading this file from a local mirror of GNU
here in Europe is usually *much* faster than logging into fencepost.

    Werner

* Re: How to check copyright assignment papers?
@ 2003-08-01 13:01       ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2003-08-01 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: alex, emacs-devel

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Connect to fencepost and read or grep copyright.list:
>>>
>>>    grep Hannu /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list
>>
>> Ah, so I would need an account on fencepost.  Hmm, maybe I'll just
>> ask someone who does when the occasion arises.
>
> Any reason why this file isn't available from public FTP somewhere
> in the GNU hierarchy?  Downloading this file from a local mirror of
> GNU here in Europe is usually *much* faster than logging into
> fencepost.

Only people developing GNU software have legitimate reasons to access
this information.  It is good practice not to share it with others.  I
mean, would you expect your employer to hand over it's personnel
administration to anyone asking for it?

@ 2003-08-04  0:09       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-08-04  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: alex, Lute.Kamstra, emacs-devel

We don't want to publish all the info about our contributors
that is in the file copyright.list.