On Mon, Jun 06 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote: > Under XMonad, that creates a strut panel but the panel won't take any > keyboard input, which is a problem. I think this is a XMonad bug. I'd suggest talking to them to figure out why they are refusing to give the focus to such a window. > When I try to close it from the WM, > the WM targets another frame instead (the strut panel is not a normal > window, as expected). It can be closed from the menus, but if I turn > off the menus as I intend, there will be no way to easily close that > frame. Yes, it makes sense. XMonad refuses to give it the focus both internally and in X so it can't logically receive any event. > I guess I can install a right-click handler, but I wonder if it's not > better to let emacs-panel manage all the popup frames it creates, > arranging them along the screen edges. The lack of keyboard input > handling concerns me. Does keyboard input work in other WMs? I realize > this is way beyond the intended use of Emacs, so don't take it as a > complaint, more of an investigation :) Yeah, it works fine under others WM I tested. Really, I think it's a bug. :) -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info