* font-lock faces use different font with font-backend
@ 2008-03-07  4:08 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-03-07  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

This is another problem that goes away if I --disable-font-backend at runtime.

In `emacs -Q', most font-lock faces are for some reason in a different
font to the default font.

This is hard to describe, so I attach a screenshot (I hope it makes it
through the list OK).

If I do
M-x customize-face font-lock-string-face RET

then the "sample" in the foreground section looks right, but the
"sample" next to "Hide Face" is using the wrong font, as you can
hopefully see.

Probably more information is required to diagnose this, but I don't
know what. Let me know. TIA.

[-- Attachment #2: screenshot of font problem --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 9826 bytes --]

* Re: font-lock faces use different font with font-backend
@ 2008-03-07  7:59 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-03-07  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> In `emacs -Q', most font-lock faces are for some reason in a different
> font to the default font.

Some more information: the faces are only different in the initial
frame. In other frames they look correct.

* Re: font-lock faces use different font with font-backend
@ 2008-03-08 20:05   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-03-08 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Glenn Morris wrote:
>
>> In `emacs -Q', most font-lock faces are for some reason in a different
>> font to the default font.
>
> Some more information: the faces are only different in the initial
> frame. In other frames they look correct.

Yet more information: the font used for mode-line-inactive face is
also wrong, in every frame.