* FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-09-01  4:06 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-09-01  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: snogglethorpe, emacs-devel

Please stop merging bugs from Emacs 22 into FOR-RELEASE
in the trunk.  I want to start using that for problems
in the trunk that must be fixed.

* Re: FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-11-09 19:20 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-11-09 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: miles; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Miles - you are still merging FOR-RELEASE from 22 to trunk.

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Please stop merging bugs from Emacs 22 into FOR-RELEASE in the
> trunk.  I want to start using that for problems in the trunk that
> must be fixed.

* Re: FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-11-21  8:46   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-11-21  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: miles; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Hi Miles - you are still merging FOR-RELEASE from 22 to trunk.

Still merging...

> Richard Stallman wrote:
>
>> Please stop merging bugs from Emacs 22 into FOR-RELEASE in the
>> trunk.  I want to start using that for problems in the trunk that
>> must be fixed.

* Re: FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-11-21  9:30     ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-11-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel, miles

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Glenn Morris wrote:
>

>> Hi Miles - you are still merging FOR-RELEASE from 22 to trunk.
>>

> Still merging...

What actual harm does this cause? Once we release 22.2, we still want
any outstanding bugs recorded, and the merge is one way, which does not
prevent Emacs 23 specific problems being recorded in the trunk version.

* Re: FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-11-22  7:18       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-11-22  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Rumney; +Cc: emacs-devel, miles

Jason Rumney wrote:

> What actual harm does this cause?

I'm not saying it causes any harm, just pointing out that it was
requested not to merge this file.

> Once we release 22.2, we still want any outstanding bugs recorded,

But outstanding bugs => no release...  ;)

* Re: FOR-RELEASE in the trunk
@ 2007-11-22  9:11         ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-11-22  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel, miles

Glenn Morris wrote:
>> Once we release 22.2, we still want any outstanding bugs recorded,
>>

> But outstanding bugs => no release...  ;)

Not necessarily. There are several bugs listed there as "waiting for
further information", and RMS has already indicated that we should go
ahead without these being fixed if the original reporters do not reply.