* widget (or recentf)
@ 2006-04-28  9:50 Karl Chen
From: Karl Chen @ 2006-04-28  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I use recentf, the widgets don't accept RET at the end of a
button, which has been annoying me for a long time.  Is this
intentional widget.el behavior?

--
Karl 2006-04-28 02:48

* Re: widget (or recentf)
@ 2006-04-28 14:24 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-04-28 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Ponce, Emacs Developement List

Karl Chen wrote:
> When I use recentf, the widgets don't accept RET at the end of a
> button, which has been annoying me for a long time.  Is this
> intentional widget.el behavior?

Hi Karl,

I asked David to change this behaviour for the *Open Recent* buffer. I
thought it was very inconvenient when you use C-s to search for a file
ending.

The fix does not change the widgets behaviour. It extends the widget
instead. Does not this work for you in the current CVS version of Emacs?

* Re: widget (or recentf)
@ 2006-05-02 13:12   ` Karl Chen
From: Karl Chen @ 2006-05-02 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Lennart> I asked David to change this behaviour for the *Open
    Lennart> Recent* buffer. I thought it was very inconvenient
    Lennart> when you use C-s to search for a file ending.

    Lennart> The fix does not change the widgets behaviour. It
    Lennart> extends the widget instead. Does not this work for
    Lennart> you in the current CVS version of Emacs?

Indeed it works in latest CVS, exactly what I wanted.  (I hadn't
updated since 2006-03.)  Thanks!

--
Karl 2006-05-02 06:10