* Describe key when gud-tooltip-mode is on
@ 2006-05-23 10:12 Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2006-05-23 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just noticed that if I try to use describe key for a menu entry when
gud-tooltip-mode is turned on, I get:
 <mouse-movement> runs the command gud-tooltip-mouse-motion ...
This happens in all gud associated buffers.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
The very ink with which all history is written
is merely fluid prejudice.       -- Mark Twain

* Re: Describe key when gud-tooltip-mode is on
@ 2006-05-23 10:41 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2006-05-23 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Klaus Zeitler writes:
 > Just noticed that if I try to use describe key for a menu entry when
 > gud-tooltip-mode is turned on, I get:
 >  <mouse-movement> runs the command gud-tooltip-mouse-motion ...
 > This happens in all gud associated buffers.

Thats because GUD tooltips use track-mouse which works at the lisp level,
mouse-movement is then classed as input.  It should only happen for modes
which enable GUD tooltips, by default: gud-mode c-mode c++-mode fortran-mode
i.e roughly the GUD and source buffers (see gud-tooltip-modes).

* Re: Describe key when gud-tooltip-mode is on
@ 2006-05-23 15:42 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-05-23 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Zeitler wrote:
> Just noticed that if I try to use describe key for a menu entry when
> gud-tooltip-mode is turned on, I get:
>  <mouse-movement> runs the command gud-tooltip-mouse-motion ...
> This happens in all gud associated buffers.

Should describe-key and describe-key-briefly disable track-mouse while
reading their KEY argument?

--
Kevin

* Re: Describe key when gud-tooltip-mode is on
@ 2006-05-24  6:29   ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2006-05-24  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Nick> Thats because GUD tooltips use track-mouse which works at the lisp
    Nick> level, mouse-movement is then classed as input.

Yes, I understand that, but describe-key normally ignores mouse movement
and I wonder if mouse movement shouldn't be ignored (see Kevin's follow-up).

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one that
corrupts your file?          -- Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy