Uwe Brauer writes: > Hi > > I am forced to use gmail at my university (the features google offer are > a bit different to the personal accounts) > and also for some private stuff. > > There was a discussion in 2022 about the following issue, but then > google dropped this subject because of Covid, however now it seems to > back: > > Now google keeps sending me message that from 30th of May 3rd party > packages cannot connect anymore to imap+smtp via the traditional way. > > It is my understanding that it might be possible make emacs (gnus) work > with gmail under those circumstances, that is using oauth2. > > Has anybody got that to work? > > If so, can he/she share its setting? Google seems to be clamping down on OAuth access methods and those of us using it to access GMail have been getting a message that our OAuth clients will be blocked starting October 3rd. This is because we're using "out of bound OAuth2". From what I can tell, the packages need to be rewritten to be "compliant," and from what I remember from previous discussions, making them compliant may be a non-trivial task involving registering an "official" application and so on. -- Cesar Crusius