* persist -- new package for ELPA
@ 2019-06-28  8:13 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2019-06-28  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've written a little package that I thought might be good for ELPA.
It allows variables to persist across sessions; it designed for
developers of packages rather than users.

Comments welcome.

https://gitlab.com/phillord/persist

Phil

* Re: persist -- new package for ELPA
@ 2019-06-28 13:45 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2019-06-28 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2019-06-28, at 10:13, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> wrote:

> I've written a little package that I thought might be good for ELPA.
> It allows variables to persist across sessions; it designed for
> developers of packages rather than users.
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> https://gitlab.com/phillord/persist

BTW, this: http://mbork.pl/2018-09-10_Persisting_Emacs_variables

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: persist -- new package for ELPA
@ 2019-06-28 13:51 ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2019-06-28 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

I've been using psession.el from melpa with good success for similar
purposes --- it's more user facing than developer facing

* Re: persist -- new package for ELPA
@ 2019-06-28 15:40   ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2019-06-28 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-devel

> On 2019-06-28, at 10:13, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I've written a little package that I thought might be good for ELPA.
>> It allows variables to persist across sessions; it designed for
>> developers of packages rather than users.
>>
>> Comments welcome.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/phillord/persist
>
> BTW, this: http://mbork.pl/2018-09-10_Persisting_Emacs_variables

Yeah, saw this when I was looking for a pre-existing solution. I thought
it would make more sense to write it up as package. Also, I am a little
unsure using user-init-file makes sense, since this was not meant to be
user facing.

Your post did convince me that I was going to have to write something
though!

@ 2019-07-04 19:19     ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2019-07-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phillip Lord; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2019-06-28, at 17:40, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> On 2019-06-28, at 10:13, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I've written a little package that I thought might be good for ELPA.
>>> It allows variables to persist across sessions; it designed for
>>> developers of packages rather than users.
>>>
>>> Comments welcome.
>>>
>>> https://gitlab.com/phillord/persist
>>
>> BTW, this: http://mbork.pl/2018-09-10_Persisting_Emacs_variables
>

> Yeah, saw this when I was looking for a pre-existing solution. I thought
> it would make more sense to write it up as package. Also, I am a little
> unsure using user-init-file makes sense, since this was not meant to be
> user facing.
>
> Your post did convince me that I was going to have to write something
> though!

Thanks!  I'll look into your package one day.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl