* Compilation fails
@ 2008-09-20 21:49 csant
From: csant @ 2008-09-20 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

after a longer period not compiling emacs, I tried again recently and
compilation failed.  Google found only one message in the ML archive that
mentions this failure, but it didn't help me - am I really the only one
with the problem?

image.c: In function `svg_load_image':
image.c:8037: error: `RsvgDimensionData' undeclared (first use in this
function)
image.c:8037: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
image.c:8037: error: for each function it appears in.)
image.c:8037: error: `dimension_data' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make[1]: *** [image.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/csant/src/public/apps/tools/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

Kind regards,
/c

* Re: Compilation fails
@ 2008-09-21  9:41 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2008-09-21  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: csant; +Cc: emacs-devel

csant <csant@csant.info> writes:

> Hi,
>
> after a longer period not compiling emacs, I tried again recently and
> compilation failed.  Google found only one message in the ML archive
> that  mentions this failure, but it didn't help me - am I really the
> only one  with the problem?
>
> image.c: In function `svg_load_image':

Could you try compiling by configuring not to use the svg library?
Could you offer more details about your environment?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Compilation fails
@ 2008-09-21 11:52   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-09-21 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: csant, emacs-devel

joakim@verona.se writes:

>> image.c:8037: error: `RsvgDimensionData' undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> image.c:8037: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> image.c:8037: error: for each function it appears in.)
>> image.c:8037: error: `dimension_data' undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> make[1]: *** [image.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/csant/src/public/apps/tools/emacs/src'
>> make: *** [src] Error 2

I think old versions of librsvg might not have RsvgDimensionData.  Could
someone check?

* Re: Compilation fails
@ 2008-09-21 12:03     ` csant
From: csant @ 2008-09-21 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong, joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:52:07 +0200, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>
wrote:

> joakim@verona.se writes:

> Could you try compiling by configuring not to use the svg library?

When configuring --without-rsvg compilations succedes just fine.

> Could you offer more details about your environment?
>
>>> image.c:8037: error: `RsvgDimensionData' undeclared (first use in this
>>> function)
>>> image.c:8037: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>> image.c:8037: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>> image.c:8037: error: `dimension_data' undeclared (first use in this
>>> function)
>>> make[1]: *** [image.o] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> `/home/csant/src/public/apps/tools/emacs/src'
>>> make: *** [src] Error 2
>
> I think old versions of librsvg might not have RsvgDimensionData.  Could
> someone check?

Hmmm, that might be the culprit - I have a rather old librsvg-2.so.2.9.5.
/c