* Set font dialog in windows
@ 2006-03-17  2:29 William Xue
From: William Xue @ 2006-03-17  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw

Hi,
   I find that the choosefont dialog displayed by "Set Font/Fontset..."
item of Options menu in NTEmace only involved a subset of the system
fonts. Is there any restriction to use other fonts that did not display in
the dialog in NTEmacs?

--
Sincerely yours,
William

* RE: Set font dialog in windows
@ 2006-03-17  2:38 ` Herbert Euler
From: Herbert Euler @ 2006-03-17  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

>From: "William Xue" <william.xue@gmail.com>
>To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>Subject: Set font dialog in windows
>Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:29:13 +0800
>
>Hi,
>   I find that the choosefont dialog displayed by "Set Font/Fontset..."
>item of Options menu in NTEmace only involved a subset of the system
>fonts. Is there any restriction to use other fonts that did not display in
>the dialog in NTEmacs?

You could set the variable 'w32-list-proportional-fonts' with
(setq w32-list-proportional-fonts t).

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

* Re: Set font dialog in windows
@ 2006-03-17  4:58   ` William Xue
From: William Xue @ 2006-03-17  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:38:39 +0800, Herbert Euler
<herberteuler@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: "William Xue" <william.xue@gmail.com>
>> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Subject: Set font dialog in windows
>> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:29:13 +0800
>>
>> Hi,
>>   I find that the choosefont dialog displayed by "Set Font/Fontset..."
>> item of Options menu in NTEmace only involved a subset of the system
>> fonts. Is there any restriction to use other fonts that did not display
>> in  the dialog in NTEmacs?
>
> You could set the variable 'w32-list-proportional-fonts' with
> (setq w32-list-proportional-fonts t).

Thanks, Guanpeng!
I take for that it should modify the code in w32fns.c.
There are also some strange fonts such as 8512, 8612, fa12, fa16, fb12,
fb16, and so on,
which I never saw in other choosefont dialogs.

> Regards,
> Guanpeng Xu

Sincerely yours,
William