* I miss ange-ftp ($#@!Tramp)
@ 2002-11-25 22:23 Clay Jones
From: Clay Jones @ 2002-11-25 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I work in a development environment which does not support secure
copying via any of tramp's protocols.  I also do not have decision
making power for implementing these protocols.  I have the default
setting for tramp set to ange-ftp "(setq tramp-default-method "ftp")"
in my .emacs file, but I routinely receive errors like:

Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

when trying to open/save files.  I've spent a lot of time just trying
to get back to an environment where I can open and save files remotely
via FTP.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

clay