Hi all: Recently I have been playing with the new completion-preview mode and I'm very happy to see something like this finally added to emacs with a simple and clean code. However, there is a missing detail that I find useful when typing: common preview completion. The goal is to preview a common prefix when available and longer than the prefix already inserted. This is a point in between 1) exact match with one candidate only and 2) getting the first candidate in the whole list. I tried to avoid adding complexity to the code (because the thing I like the most in the package is actually its simplicity and predictability); but the extra functionality I think worth the few new lines. I attach the patch for a first review. Best, Ergus