* [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and partial-completion-mode]
@ 2007-03-05 21:50 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-05 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would someone please fix this, then ack?

From: A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>
To: "Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2007 15:18:24 +0100 (CET)
Subject: EVAL and partial-completion-mode

1. M-:
Eval: partial-completion-mode

=> t

2. M-:
Eval: (set-w-te <TAB>

=> Can't find completion for "set-w-te"

However, there is (defun set-window-text-height (window height)

So it must be added the completion from partial-completion-mode in this case.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and partial-completion-mode]
@ 2007-03-05 22:06 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-03-05 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Would someone please fix this, then ack?

I don't think partial-completion-mode has ever worked for this (i.e.,
completing Lisp symbols in M-:), has it?  It may not be trivial to add
this functionality.

@ 2007-03-05 22:23   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-03-05 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Would someone please fix this, then ack?
>
> I don't think partial-completion-mode has ever worked for this (i.e.,
> completing Lisp symbols in M-:), has it?  It may not be trivial to add
> this functionality.

I think it's just because TAB is bound to lisp-complete-symbol in
M-:, which uses read-expression-map. Enabling recursive minibuffers,
PC-lisp-complete-symbol works as it should in this example.

(define-key read-expression-map "\t" 'PC-lisp-complete-symbol)

would get the desired behaviour.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and partial-completion-mode]
@ 2007-03-06 22:36   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-06 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

    I don't think partial-completion-mode has ever worked for this (i.e.,
    completing Lisp symbols in M-:), has it?

Indeed, TAB is not the way to complete a symbol there.
It is M-TAB.  Does M-TAB inside M-: work correctly when
Partial Completion mode is enabled?

From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-06 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: cyd, emacs-devel

    I think it's just because TAB is bound to lisp-complete-symbol in
    M-:, which uses read-expression-map.

Actually it is M-TAB which has that binding.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and partial-completion-mode]
@ 2007-03-07  1:35       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-03-07  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: cyd, emacs-devel

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I think it's just because TAB is bound to lisp-complete-symbol in
>     M-:, which uses read-expression-map.
>
> Actually it is M-TAB which has that binding.

I was operating under the assumption that the OP meant to say "M-TAB"
rather than "TAB", because otherwise the bug report makes no sense.

* Re: [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and partial-completion-mode]
@ 2007-03-07 10:41 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-07 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> I was operating under the assumption that the OP meant to say "M-TAB"
> rather than "TAB", because otherwise the bug report makes no sense.

Indeed, ALT-TAB.

ALT-TAB for the [alinsoar@voila.fr: EVAL and mouse selection in *Completions*] message also.

Alin Soare