* installing testsuites
@ 2008-02-22 20:30 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2008-02-22 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Ulf Jasper has sent me a testsuite .el file for his lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
package.

I guess this should be installed in CVS too, but where? Should it be
in lisp/calendar, or in a separate test directory (which would
hopefully be populated with more things over time)? Should it be part
of the distribution, or under somewhere like admin/?

* Re: installing testsuites
@ 2008-02-22 20:43 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-02-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Ulf Jasper has sent me a testsuite .el file for his lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
> package.
>
> I guess this should be installed in CVS too, but where? Should it be
> in lisp/calendar, or in a separate test directory (which would
> hopefully be populated with more things over time)? Should it be part
> of the distribution, or under somewhere like admin/?

I would suggest a separate test tree, structured like src+lisp.

* Re: installing testsuites
@ 2008-02-23 10:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2008-02-23 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:30:37 -0500
>

> Ulf Jasper has sent me a testsuite .el file for his lisp/calendar/icalendar.el
> package.
>
> I guess this should be installed in CVS too, but where? Should it be
> in lisp/calendar, or in a separate test directory (which would
> hopefully be populated with more things over time)?

I vote for a separate directory.

> Should it be part of the distribution, or under somewhere like
> admin/?

The former, IMO.  Users should be able to benefit from the tests as
well, if they modify Emacs.  This is free software, after all, so the
possibility the users modify sources should be an integral part of our
assumptions.  If you modify, you will want to test.