Hi Adam, "Adam Sjøgren " writes: > Inspired by the mention of the old GTK+-bug, I did a build of emacs like > this: > > ./configure --without-pop --with-cairo --without-dbus --with-x-toolkit=lucid && make bootstrap > > And then I started Emacs on the machine: > > machine1:~$ /usr/src/emacs/src/emacs -Q --eval '(server-start)' > > On another machine, I ssh'ed to the first machine, with X-forwarding > turned on, and started emacsclient: > > machine2:~$ ssh -X machine1 > machine1:~$ /usr/src/emacs/lib-src/emacsclient --create-frame /tmp/test.txt > Waiting for Emacs... > > And got an X frame displayed on the screen of machine2, as expected. > > When I then end emacsclient with C-x # I'm back at the prompt. If I run > "exit", the prompt is hanging, where I would expect to be logged out of > machine1 and returned to machine2. Only after I press control-c do I get > the prompt back: > > machine1:~$ exit > ^C > machine2:~$ > > (When I press control-c, the message "Connection lost to X server > 'localhost:10.0'" is displayed in the mini-buffer in the Emacs frame on > machine1.) > > I thought this "hanging" was related to the display closing GTK+-bug, > but this is with lucid. At one point, I think, I read that it was a > dbus-related thing, but I also turned off dbus. > > How do I avoid this hanging/having to press control-c? This bug is still present on the master branch. The attached patch works for me but it may be subject to race conditions, so I will continue testing it. In the meantime, I figured I would reply to this old thread in case others are interested in trying it. Thomas