Hi all, I have compiled the CVS HEAD with the Cygwin Mingw cross-environment (gcc -mno-cygwin). I have had two problems: - The cygpath issue. The Makefiles have the necessary code to use the Cygwin cygpath utility, but it's commented out. I appreciate that the situation is not very stable in that area, but could we consider a conditional and a configure item for this? We do need that code as long as we want Emacs to support Cygwin at compile-time, but not at run-time, because without that code the Makefile will provide Cygwin paths to ELisp. - Problem with _fmode (global MSC variable set to O_BINARY as the default file mode). For a simple patch see below. Strictly speaking I think the real problem is that this is not handled without the _fmode hack. The code should just use its own global variable (or even more simply just add O_BINARY everywhere) instead of using this brittle compiler/runtime dependent solution. so long, benny