* wireless.el -- display wireless status on the mode-line
@ 2007-11-23 14:32 Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell @ 2007-11-23 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

Attached is a small library to display the status (signal strength,
interface name, etc.) of a GNU/Linux wireless network connection on the
Emacs mode-line. I'm sending it in to the list in hopes that people will
find it useful. I find it an excellent companion to battery.el on my
laptop.

It is implemented by parsing the /proc/net/wireless file found on some
GNU/Linux systems with a working wireless interface.

It can also be downloaded via Darcs with:

$ darcs get http://yrk.nfshost.com/repos/wireless

[-- Attachment #2: wireless.el --]

* Re: wireless.el -- display wireless status on the mode-line
@ 2007-11-24  0:00 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-11-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 2007-11-23 14:32 +0000, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a small library to display the status (signal strength,
> interface name, etc.) of a GNU/Linux wireless network connection on the
> Emacs mode-line. I'm sending it in to the list in hopes that people will
> find it useful. I find it an excellent companion to battery.el on my
> laptop.
>
> It is implemented by parsing the /proc/net/wireless file found on some
> GNU/Linux systems with a working wireless interface.
>
> It can also be downloaded via Darcs with:
>
> $ darcs get http://yrk.nfshost.com/repos/wireless

It looks like it only supports limited wireless cards. For example, it
cannot parse this /proc/netwireless file properly.

,----[ wireless ]
`----

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/