* Patch bug triage
@ 2012-04-12 20:28 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-12 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've now completed a sweep over all the bug reports tagged with "patch",
and for the ones that I can halfway understand, I've either applied,
asked people to consider them, or closed the reports.  You know.  The
normal stuff.

I think this time period (before people start doing more sweeping
general changes) is a nice time to deal with queued-up changes, since
the patches have a greater chance of still applying somewhat cleanly.

However, most of the bug reports I can't really deal with, because
they're outside my area of not-total-and-utter-ignorance.

So `M-x debbugs-gnu RET C-a C-k RET 2339 RET C-u / patch RET s s' and
have a go.  Handling bugs is almost fun when you're working from the
`debbugs-gnu' interface.

*Almost*.

* Re: Patch bug triage
@ 2012-04-13  5:54 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-04-13  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> So `M-x debbugs-gnu RET C-a C-k RET 2339 RET C-u / patch RET s s' and
> have a go.  Handling bugs is almost fun when you're working from the
> `debbugs-gnu' interface.

M-x debbugs-gnu-search RET RET tag RET patch RET status RET open RET

seems to work better, as it doesn't fetch several thousand reports.

But I couldn't figure out the way to specify "status" = "open", so the
returned list includes fixed reports.  Apparently, when I give
debbugs-gnu-search an empty search string, it does not accept the
"status" attribute.  Is that a bug or a limitation of the soap query?

* Re: Patch bug triage
@ 2012-04-13  7:17   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-04-13  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>> have a go.  Handling bugs is almost fun when you're working from the
>> `debbugs-gnu' interface.

Please add this important missing feature ASAP.

> But I couldn't figure out the way to specify "status" = "open", so the
> returned list includes fixed reports.

If using the web interface, what you want is to exclude bugs with
pending state = done:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?include=tags%3Apatch;exclude=pending%3Adone;package=emacs

I don't know what this translates to for the soap interface.

* Re: Patch bug triage
@ 2012-04-13  7:24   ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-04-13  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org> writes:

> M-x debbugs-gnu-search RET RET tag RET patch RET status RET open RET
>
> seems to work better, as it doesn't fetch several thousand reports.
>
> But I couldn't figure out the way to specify "status" = "open", so the
> returned list includes fixed reports.  Apparently, when I give
> debbugs-gnu-search an empty search string, it does not accept the
> "status" attribute.  Is that a bug or a limitation of the soap query?

When you give an empty query string to `debbugs-gnu-search', it falls
back to the behaviour of `debbugs-gnu', which does not allow interactive
setting of "status" yet. Maybe this attribute shall be added for
interactive query?

You could suppress showing bugs with status "done" and "forwarded" by

(add-to-list 'debbugs-gnu-default-suppress-bugs
             '(status . "done\\|forwarded"))

But this is applied client side only, when toggling the result list with
"x". Not so performant in retrieving.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Patch bug triage
@ 2012-04-13  7:58     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2012-04-13  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

>>> have a go.  Handling bugs is almost fun when you're working from the
>>> `debbugs-gnu' interface.
>
> Please add this important missing feature ASAP.

I don't understand which missing feature you are referring to. `fun'?
That was already added to Emacs, decades ago.

>> But I couldn't figure out the way to specify "status" = "open", so the
>> returned list includes fixed reports.
>
> If using the web interface, what you want is to exclude bugs with
> pending state = done:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?include=tags%3Apatch;exclude=pending%3Adone;package=emacs
>
> I don't know what this translates to for the soap interface.

I'll check, whether there is a way to express "exclude" via the soap
interface. But I'm not optimistic, I believe I've checked it already in
the past.

Best regards, Michael.