Ted Zlatanov writes: > Just one code comment: > > +(defcustom package-check-signature 'allow-unsigned > + "Whether to check package signatures when installing." > + :type '(choice (const nil :tag "Never") > + (const allow-unsigned :tag "Allow unsigned") > + (const t :tag "Check always")) > + :risky t > + :group 'package > + :version "24.1") > > IMHO this should be per archive, not global. WDYT? Yes, actually I was in doubt how to support that. Given that most of the archives will be eventually signed (as Stefan pointed[1]), I'm now thinking of: * remove the package-check-signature option, and * even if an archive is listed in package-unsigned-archives, check signature if .sig file is provided (ignoring verification error) How does this sound? Here is a patch in this direction. Footnotes: [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/160658