* XPM images
@ 2002-09-26  2:32 Oliver Scholz
From: Oliver Scholz @ 2002-09-26  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Attached is my library to convert XPM images. If you like to include
it in Emacs, I would now go on and write a patch for images.el to use
it, if there is no XPM support compiled in.

But there are a few issues:

* The "splash.xpm" image that is displayed with the startup-message,
  is a little bigger. While the Lisp-conversion is IMO fast enough for
  small images like icons, it would slow down the startup notably to
  use it on splash.xpm.

* AFAICS the modified code in images.el would have to check the
  variable `image-types' to see, if XPM support is compiled in. This
  is fine so far, but my modification would lead to the end that
  emacs displays XPM images correctly, while ...

   (image-type-available-p 'xpm)

  ... returns nil.

What do you think?

    -- Oliver