* 23.0.50; ps-print and enriched-mode omit some face
@ 2007-12-31 13:06 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-12-31 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug; +Cc: Boris Goldowsky

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

`ps-print-buffer-with-faces' does not recognise some faces. To test
this:

   In a buffer, mark some text and then type "M-o o" and then type in a
   face such as `gnus-emphasis-strikethru' that has strike-through set
   to t. Then print the buffer to a .ps file.

Similar phenomenon is observed for text/enriched document produced by
enriched-mode.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/local/packages/emacs/share/emacs/23.0.50/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.50.21 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.14)
 of 2007-11-01
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/packages/emacs' '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-page-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-smiley-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  minibuffer-indicate-depth-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC
O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A
ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A
ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A
ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A C-x 0 C-x k RET C-x k RET
C-u ESC x p s - p r i TAB b u TAB - w i TAB RET DEL
1 . p s RET y ESC O A ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O
B C-x o C-x k RET C-x 0 C-c ! C-h C-x 1 ESC x r e p
o r TAB e m a TAB b TAB RET

Recent messages:
Preparing diary...done
Quit [2 times]
Finding changes in /home/leo/.emacs.d/init...
No changes between working revision and workfile
Finding changes in /home/leo/.emacs.d/gnus...
Formatting...  0%
Font for some characters not found, continue anyway? (y or n)
Formatting...done
Saving...
Wrote /home/leo/1.ps [2 times]

* Re: 23.0.50; ps-print and enriched-mode omit some face
@ 2008-01-09  4:48 ` Vinicius Jose Latorre
From: Vinicius Jose Latorre @ 2008-01-09  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: Boris Goldowsky, emacs-pretest-bug

Fixed in CVS emacs 22 branch, trunk and unicode.

@ 2008-01-09 20:37   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-01-09 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinicius Jose Latorre; +Cc: Boris Goldowsky, emacs-pretest-bug

On 2008-01-09 04:48 +0000, Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote:
> Fixed in CVS emacs 22 branch, trunk and unicode.

I guess you mean for ps-print. It looks like enriched-mode is yet to be
fixed.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/

* Re: 23.0.50; ps-print and enriched-mode omit some face
@ 2008-01-09 23:54     ` Vinicius Jose Latorre
From: Vinicius Jose Latorre @ 2008-01-09 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: Boris Goldowsky, emacs-pretest-bug

>> Fixed in CVS emacs 22 branch, trunk and unicode.
>>

> I guess you mean for ps-print. It looks like enriched-mode is yet to be
> fixed.

Oops, yes, I only fixed ps-print package.

* enriched-mode does not recognise strike-through (was: 23.0.50; ps-print and enriched-mode omit some face)
@ 2008-03-02 22:38 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-03-02 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

On 2007-12-31 13:06 +0000, Leo wrote:
> `ps-print-buffer-with-faces' does not recognise some faces. To test
> this:
>
>    In a buffer, mark some text and then type "M-o o" and then type in a
>    face such as `gnus-emphasis-strikethru' that has strike-through set
>    to t. Then print the buffer to a .ps file.
>
> Similar phenomenon is observed for text/enriched document produced by
> enriched-mode.

Any fix?