* Default colours in X11 frames?
@ 2008-07-20 18:44 James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2008-07-20 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I notice that my compile of CVS from yesterday has new colours for many
faces.

Did I miss any changes (my last compile was from before the ns merge)
from the commit list which would affect how colours are presented to
the X server?

As an example, gnus' message-header-xheader face says Foreground: blue
but is displaying as purple.  The other message-header faces (using
cornflower blue and steel blue) look correct (but a comparison shows
that they, too, are off; just not as much as blue is).

Also, font-local-comment-face, using Firebrick, looks brighter than
it used to.

I also updated the X server at that time (from its Git master), but
other apps seem to have the same colours.  I definitely do not get
the same colours from this emacs compile as I do from, eg:

:; ppmmake <colorname> 640 640|xv -

Interestingly, my background colour, LightYellow2, looks the same as
in other apps.  As does black.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6