Stefan Monnier writes: >> and if thats all there is to it when adding support for a new url type? > > I wouldn't know. It should be explained in the URL doc somewhere. > I'd be surprised if that doc was enough for you to code this up, so > anything you've learned about URL while writing this code would be > welcome in the form of a patch to the doc (even in rough form, > I'd be happy to improve it afterwards). Basically I looked at url-erc. It appears simpler to write an url-lib like url-erc or url-jdbc than one that does fetching, like http. Maybe I will add support for some http like protocol, if I can find one that intrests me that isnt already done, then I can write docs. > What do you mean by ffap-like functionality? Something that figures out whats at point and does something interesting with the value there, interactively. >> (provide 'url-jdbc) >> (provide 'url-jdbc) > > I believe `provide' is fairly reliable, and even if it fails, I doubt > that calling it a second time will fix the first failure ;-) > :-) > Stefan -- Joakim Verona