From: joakim@verona.se
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Cc: rms@gnu.org
Subject: Re: experiences running a Hudson CI server on the Emacs codebase
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:39:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     Unexpectedly, a lot of failures were due to bzr.
>
> If you encounter possible bzr bugs, would you please send bzr bug
> reports?  We are not the ones who will try to fix these bugs,
> so reporting them here is not constructive.

I guess my email was a bit truncated. I think the bzr bugs have since been
fixed, but with a vanilla Fedora setup you will experience them. Someone
setting up a similar build environment will hopefully now know to
install a newer bzr which isnt default in current Fedora.

My Hudson has now done 121 Emacs builds, the last ones have not had bzr
issues since ive upgraded bzr.

Anyway it would also be nice to have some code quality statistics.

To that end I installed cppcheck, which is a static code analyzer. It
detects 13 errors on the emacs codebase, most of which seem to be false
positives.

Also it would be nice to check that code formating is ok, and code
documentation is ok. I dont know how to do that yet, but I was thinking
on maybe using "indent" and "checkdoc-batch".

--
Joakim Verona