* Re: mime button keys not in describe-bindings
       [not found] <873cmmcqjb.fsf@jidanni.org>
@ 2003-02-22 23:27 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-22 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Dan Jacobson <jidanni@dman.ddts.net> writes:

> I put the cursor on a mime attachment.
> C-h k . says . runs the command gnus-mime-action-on-part
> but why is it not mentioned when one hits C-h b?

Yes, that's really annoying.  I never remember what those keystrokes
are myself.

> perhaps cc to gne-emacs-bug if a emacs bug.

I think it is an Emacs bug.

Here's the problem -- `C-h b' lists all keystrokes that are in the
current major mode and all the minor modes that are active.
However, it doesn't list the currently active keymap from the text
properties under point.

That is, if there is text under point with the `keymap' text property
set, then these keys should also be listed by `C-h b', I think.  And
preferably first.

--
If you want an explanation on what you have just read, please
refer to <URL:http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/zombie.html>.

* Re: mime button keys not in describe-bindings
@ 2003-02-23  0:47   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-23  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

bugs@gnus.org (Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen) writes:

> That is, if there is text under point with the `keymap' text property
> set, then these keys should also be listed by `C-h b', I think.  And
> preferably first.

Never mind; this works perfectly in the current Emacs pretest.