Hi all, On MacOSX/Aqua, I was missing the ability to bind . The reason was that the escape key sends the ASCII ESC instead of the keysym , and ASCII keys can not be combined with the shift key (there is an exception for SPC in src/keyboard.c, make_lispy_event()). The attached patch adds generation of keysyms for , and . The current keysym converter does not allow to encode (and space already has that special exception anyway), so I left that alone. I also added some entries in function-key-map for these keys, copied from the X11 and MS Windows files. Is there a reason why these mappings are not in a platform-independent file? They are not used on a character terminal but they don't pose a problem there either. OTOH they are currently maintained in three separate places for the GUI systems. Thirdly I cleaned up the table keycode_to_xkeysym_table a bit and added more comments. I can send a patch without that change if you prefer that. Finally it would be possible to extend the mentioned SPC exception in make_lispy_event() to other ASCII special keys, that would achive a similar effect, although it wouldn't be as portable. ChangeLog: 2002-12-15 Benjamin Riefenstahl * src/macterm.c (keycode_to_xkeysym_table): Add , , . (keycode_to_xkeysym_table): Reformat and add more comments. (XTread_socket): Drop special case for backspace. * lisp/term/mac-win.el: Add entries in function-key-map for [tab], [backspace], [escape]. so long, benny