* Timers and sentinels
@ 2010-09-25 13:49 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-25 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm trying to track down a bug that's pretty elusive.  I may be looking
in the totally wrong place, but what seems to happen is that I have a
function (run from a timer) that alters some part of the Gnus article
buffer.  At the same time, there's an URL process filter/sentinel that's
being run, and inserts images asynchronously into the buffer.

Is it possible that the function that's being run from the timer is
being interrupted by the process filter/sentinel function?  I had half
imagined that all these "multi-threaded" functions were being run with,
er, "interrupts off", so to speak.