* url-http.el: error for redirected proxy connections
@ 2006-12-07 14:42 Klaus Straubinger
From: Klaus Straubinger @ 2006-12-07 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

The change

|	* url-http.el (url-http): Make proxy-object buffer-local, to
|	handle proxied asynchronous connections correctly.

introduced a problem when the URL package tries to fetch a redirected
URL trough a proxy connection. The function url-http-create-request has
not the correct value of the variable proxy-object to extract the host
name in this case, resulting in an error message.

Simply leaving out the line

	(make-local-variable 'proxy-object)

in function url-http did solve the problem for me.

The above mentioned correction introduced this line; its purpose had
not been clear to me because proxy-object is only used dynamically
and does not belong to a buffer, as far as I can see.

--
Klaus Straubinger