* nmake install on windows/XP hangs in addpm
@ 2004-08-27 10:11 Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2004-08-27 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have build CVS emacs out of the box this morning on Windows/XP using MSVC.

It build (and runs) fine, but it hangs consistently in 'addpm' when I
run nmake install.

The registry _is_ updated, but the emacs icon is not added to the
start menu or desktop.

Before digging further into this (I don't really have the time to do
so right now), I would like to know if anyone else have seen this?

* Re: nmake install on windows/XP hangs in addpm
@ 2004-08-27 11:35 ` Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2004-08-27 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
On 27 Aug 2004 12:11:55 +0200, "Kim F. Storm" <storm@cua.dk> said:

> I have build CVS emacs out of the box this morning on Windows/XP using
> MSVC.
>
> It build (and runs) fine, but it hangs consistently in 'addpm' when I
> run nmake install.
>
> The registry _is_ updated, but the emacs icon is not added to the
> start menu or desktop.
>
> Before digging further into this (I don't really have the time to do
> so right now), I would like to know if anyone else have seen this?

I had faced the same problem but on W2K. The link to mailing list is as
foll:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-05/msg00155.html

It just happens once in a blue moon. I just re-booted the computer and
did an "nmake install", things started working.

with best regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935