* ChangeLog entries missing for "daylight savings" -> ... saving
@ 2007-03-19  9:54 Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-03-19  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Glenn,

I see that Chong has restored all your changes for this, but there were
no changelog entries for these changes -- is that intentional?

* Re: ChangeLog entries missing for "daylight savings" -> ... saving
@ 2007-03-19 18:37 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-03-19 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim F. Storm; +Cc: emacs-devel

Kim F. Storm wrote:

> I see that Chong has restored all your changes for this, but there
> were no changelog entries for these changes -- is that intentional?

For fixing a bunch of typos scattered throughout several files, I just
made CVS log entries, not ChangeLog entries. I did make ChangeLog
entries where the changes were more substantial, eg changing the name
of a node in the manual. It's possible I'm getting too blase about
ChangeLog entries.

* Re: ChangeLog entries missing for "daylight savings" -> ... saving
@ 2007-03-19 21:03   ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-03-19 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Kim F. Storm wrote:
>
>> I see that Chong has restored all your changes for this, but there
>> were no changelog entries for these changes -- is that intentional?
>
> For fixing a bunch of typos scattered throughout several files, I just
> made CVS log entries, not ChangeLog entries. I did make ChangeLog
> entries where the changes were more substantial, eg changing the name
> of a node in the manual. It's possible I'm getting too blase about
> ChangeLog entries.

As a minimum, you should add a generic entry saying that you
made a global change "this to that"...

* Re: ChangeLog entries missing for "daylight savings" -> ... saving
@ 2007-03-19 21:18     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-03-19 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim F. Storm; +Cc: emacs-devel

Kim F. Storm wrote:

> As a minimum, you should add a generic entry saying that you
> made a global change "this to that"...

Done.

* Re: ChangeLog entries missing for "daylight savings" -> ... saving
@ 2007-03-20 16:13   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-03-20 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel, storm

    For fixing a bunch of typos scattered throughout several files, I just
    made CVS log entries, not ChangeLog entries. I did make ChangeLog
    entries where the changes were more substantial, eg changing the name
    of a node in the manual. It's possible I'm getting too blase about
    ChangeLog entries.

When we fix typos in code or doc strings, we make terse change log
entries.  When we fix typos in comments, we don't need change log
entries.