* Milestones for bugs in the tracker?
@ 2008-08-10  9:21 joakim
From: joakim @ 2008-08-10  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm scanning through the Emacs bug tracker for bugs suitable for me to
fix. I think it would help me, and others who have only a limited amount
of time for Emacs, if the bugs were further categorized.

For instance:
- Which bugs are critical for the release? I know about etc/FOR-RELEASE,
but should we really spread out information in several places?
- Define milestones on the road to the release of Emacs 23, and categorize bugs as
belonging to a particular milestone.
- Define Emacs 24, and bugs/features we know we will implement for
it. (like ECB/Cedet merge etc)

I think its the role of the maintainers to do this, but I can help if
theres some easily understood criteria I can apply.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Milestones for bugs in the tracker?
@ 2008-08-10 18:23 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-08-10 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> - Which bugs are critical for the release? I know about etc/FOR-RELEASE,
> but should we really spread out information in several places?

Thanks for helping look through the bug list.

At this stage, we should try to fix every bug in the bug tracker.
Later, as we
get closer to the release, we might want to set priorities (e.g.
distinguishing
regressions from long-standing bugs).  But right now, please treat
every bug as
one that should be fixed.