* GDB startup
@ 2005-02-15 15:53 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-02-15 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I see a significant delay when I start M-x gdb, where the *gdb*
buffer is shown with most of the gdb's startup output displayed, except for
the prompt.  After about 10s, the prompt finally shows up.

I suspect it's due to the new feature "go through all buffers and ask the
gdb subprocess whether it should be put in gud-gdb-minor-mode".  I have many
buffers open, so I guess this loop takes a while.

Would it be possible to "do it in the background", maybe?