* new icon hard to see
@ 2008-03-08 22:11 Chris Moore
From: Chris Moore @ 2008-03-08 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-pretest-bug

I updated my CVS trunk Emacs build today and noticed the icon for
Emacs has changed.

It seems to be a blue pen on a blue background.  This, of course, is
very hard to recognise, especially once it has been scaled down to
icon sizes.

If the pen was a color that contrasts with the background it would be
clearer.  Or if the pen wasn't there at all, that would look better
too.  As it is, it just looks like the icon image is a bit corrupted.

* Re: new icon hard to see
@ 2008-03-08 22:25 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-03-08 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Moore; +Cc: emacs-pretest-bug

On 2008-03-08 22:11 +0000, Chris Moore wrote:
> I updated my CVS trunk Emacs build today and noticed the icon for
> Emacs has changed.
>
> It seems to be a blue pen on a blue background.  This, of course, is
> very hard to recognise, especially once it has been scaled down to
> icon sizes.
>
> If the pen was a color that contrasts with the background it would be
> clearer.  Or if the pen wasn't there at all, that would look better
> too.  As it is, it just looks like the icon image is a bit corrupted.

I think the Emacs developers should invite artists in tango-project to
create a proper icon.

The new icon looks very good at 64x64 or above.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/