* SQLite interface
@ 2014-03-13 10:08 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2014-03-13 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Would a patch that exposes the SQLite C API at the Lisp level be
acceptable for inclusion in Emacs, or is this not a good idea because
SQLite is public domain software outside of the GNU project?

I would like to use SQLite to speed up updating the overview files in
the nnml backend for Gnus.  I have some folders where these files are
several hundred megabytes large, and they are rewritten from scratch
each time new mail is received.  So far, I've thrown hardware at the
problem, but that's becoming less and less cost-effective.