* Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2015-12-11  9:44 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Verona; +Cc: emacs-devel

What's the status on this?  Is anything preventing the merge?

Thanks.

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2015-12-11 15:33 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-12-11 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> What's the status on this?  Is anything preventing the merge?

- I think it can be applied to master, but there are some known cosmetic
  issues that can be presumably fixed afterwards

- Nobody likes the xwidget name, so there was a discussion regarding
  renaming the feature. It feels better changing the name before
  applying the patch to master(or wherever it's supposed to
  go). However, no consensus has been reached on a name yet.

- I would like some hand-holding during commiting of the patch, better
  yet if some trusted party could do it for me with hand holding from me
  instead

- Some unforseen events have made me have less time than usual at the
  moment.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2015-12-11 16:17   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:33:26 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > What's the status on this?  Is anything preventing the merge?

> - I think it can be applied to master, but there are some known cosmetic
>   issues that can be presumably fixed afterwards

Right, this shouldn't hold us.

> - Nobody likes the xwidget name, so there was a discussion regarding
>   renaming the feature. It feels better changing the name before
>   applying the patch to master(or wherever it's supposed to
>   go). However, no consensus has been reached on a name yet.

Let's leave this for later, I see no problem in mechanistic renaming.

> - I would like some hand-holding during commiting of the patch, better
>   yet if some trusted party could do it for me with hand holding from me
>   instead

What exactly are the problems you envision?

> - Some unforseen events have made me have less time than usual at the
>   moment.

Will you be able to look into any problems that might come up after
the merge?

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2015-12-11 16:33     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-12-11 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:33:26 +0100
>>
>> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>> > What's the status on this?  Is anything preventing the merge?

>> - I think it can be applied to master, but there are some known cosmetic
>>   issues that can be presumably fixed afterwards
>
> Right, this shouldn't hold us.

Okay.

>> - Nobody likes the xwidget name, so there was a discussion regarding
>>   renaming the feature. It feels better changing the name before
>>   applying the patch to master(or wherever it's supposed to
>>   go). However, no consensus has been reached on a name yet.
>
> Let's leave this for later, I see no problem in mechanistic renaming.

Thats a relief if you say so.

>> - I would like some hand-holding during commiting of the patch, better
>>   yet if some trusted party could do it for me with hand holding from me
>>   instead
>
> What exactly are the problems you envision?

Well, none, except I didn't succeed very well last time.

>> - Some unforseen events have made me have less time than usual at the
>>   moment.
>
> Will you be able to look into any problems that might come up after
> the merge?

Yes, I will have more time after the 17th.

Anyway, I'm not envisioning a merge as such, since the history isn't needed.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2015-12-11 18:32       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2015-12-11 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:33:49 +0100
>
> >> - I would like some hand-holding during commiting of the patch, better
> >>   yet if some trusted party could do it for me with hand holding from me
> >>   instead
> >
> > What exactly are the problems you envision?
>
> Well, none, except I didn't succeed very well last time.

If you do it on your machine first and have no problems compiling
after that, both with and without xwidget support, then the result
cannot be too wrong, I think.

> >> - Some unforseen events have made me have less time than usual at the
> >>   moment.
> >
> > Will you be able to look into any problems that might come up after
> > the merge?
>
> Yes, I will have more time after the 17th.

Then lets wait until then, and merge.

> Anyway, I'm not envisioning a merge as such, since the history isn't needed.

It's up to you.

@ 2016-01-09  9:52         ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-09  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:33:49 +0100

>> > What exactly are the problems you envision?
>>
>> Well, none, except I didn't succeed very well last time.
>
> If you do it on your machine first and have no problems compiling
> after that, both with and without xwidget support, then the result
> cannot be too wrong, I think.

>> > Will you be able to look into any problems that might come up after
>> > the merge?
>>
>> Yes, I will have more time after the 17th.
>
> Then lets wait until then, and merge.

I'm back at a decent internet connection now, so we could proceed with
the merge.

Eli, are you able to move this forward at this time?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-09  9:55         ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-09  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:33:49 +0100

>> > What exactly are the problems you envision?
>>
>> Well, none, except I didn't succeed very well last time.
>
> If you do it on your machine first and have no problems compiling
> after that, both with and without xwidget support, then the result
> cannot be too wrong, I think.

>> > Will you be able to look into any problems that might come up after
>> > the merge?
>>
>> Yes, I will have more time after the 17th.
>
> Then lets wait until then, and merge.

Just to make sure:

- xwidget_mvp is the branch we are talking about. I updated it recently
from master

- There are maybe some spurious diffs in there somewhere. I can have a
  look.

- I'm not sure which branch we are going to merge this to, I'll leave
  that to Eli

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-09 11:23           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-09 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim, John Wiegley; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 10:52:19 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> From: joakim@verona.se
> >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:33:49 +0100

> >> Well, none, except I didn't succeed very well last time.
> >
> > If you do it on your machine first and have no problems compiling
> > after that, both with and without xwidget support, then the result
> > cannot be too wrong, I think.

> >> Yes, I will have more time after the 17th.
> >
> > Then lets wait until then, and merge.
>
> I'm back at a decent internet connection now, so we could proceed with
> the merge.
>
> Eli, are you able to move this forward at this time?

I think this should be merged to the emacs-25 branch, assuming it can
be done in the next couple of days.

John, WDYT?

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-11 17:55             ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2016-01-11 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: joakim, emacs-devel

> I think this should be merged to the emacs-25 branch, assuming it can be
> done in the next couple of days.

> John, WDYT?

Yes, the door is still open for merging this feature branch, since it was
given special exemption at the time we froze.

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-11 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: joakim, emacs-devel

> From: John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com>
> Cc: joakim@verona.se,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:55:07 -0800

> > I think this should be merged to the emacs-25 branch, assuming it can be
> > done in the next couple of days.
>
> > John, WDYT?
>
> Yes, the door is still open for merging this feature branch, since it was
> given special exemption at the time we froze.

So, Joakim, you have a go-ahead.

@ 2016-01-11 19:34           ` Wolfgang Jenkner
From: Wolfgang Jenkner @ 2016-01-11 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel

On Sat, Jan 09 2016, joakim@verona.se wrote:

> - xwidget_mvp is the branch we are talking about. I updated it recently
> from master

And there were merges from master before that.  Perhaps I'm missing
something but doesn't that pretty much preclude merging xwidget_mpv into
emacs-25?

@ 2016-01-11 19:43             ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-11 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Wolfgang Jenkner <wjenkner@inode.at> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 09 2016, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>
>> - xwidget_mvp is the branch we are talking about. I updated it recently
>> from master
>
> And there were merges from master before that.  Perhaps I'm missing
> something but doesn't that pretty much preclude merging xwidget_mpv into
> emacs-25?

I will have to rework the patch on top of emacs-25 instead.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-16  8:27               ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-16  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:43:37 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Wolfgang Jenkner <wjenkner@inode.at> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 09 2016, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> >
> >> - xwidget_mvp is the branch we are talking about. I updated it recently
> >> from master
> >
> > And there were merges from master before that.  Perhaps I'm missing
> > something but doesn't that pretty much preclude merging xwidget_mpv into
> > emacs-25?
>
> I will have to rework the patch on top of emacs-25 instead.

How is that going?  We should have this on emacs-25 before the first
pretest, otherwise it will have to wait for the next release, which
IMO would be a shame.

If you need any help, just ask.

@ 2016-01-17 20:03                 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-17 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:43:37 +0100
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> Wolfgang Jenkner <wjenkner@inode.at> writes:

>> > And there were merges from master before that.  Perhaps I'm missing
>> > something but doesn't that pretty much preclude merging xwidget_mpv into
>> > emacs-25?
>>
>> I will have to rework the patch on top of emacs-25 instead.
>
> How is that going?  We should have this on emacs-25 before the first
> pretest, otherwise it will have to wait for the next release, which
> IMO would be a shame.
>
> If you need any help, just ask.
>
> Thanks.

I have made a patch to be applied to emacs-25.
http://www.verona.se/xwidget_mvp.diff

Basically I just made a diff between master and xwidget_mvp, and ignored
whitespace diffs. To test it I applied it to emacs-25 using patch. It
applied cleanly, except for a trivial rejected hunk in keyboard.c, which
I fixed in the patch. I then retested.

I tried building withouth xwidget enabled, and with.

Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should proceed?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-17 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:03:12 +0100
>
> I have made a patch to be applied to emacs-25.
> http://www.verona.se/xwidget_mvp.diff
>
> Basically I just made a diff between master and xwidget_mvp, and ignored
> whitespace diffs. To test it I applied it to emacs-25 using patch. It
> applied cleanly, except for a trivial rejected hunk in keyboard.c, which
> I fixed in the patch. I then retested.
>
> I tried building withouth xwidget enabled, and with.
>
> Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should proceed?

What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
commit log message that describes the changes, and push.

If anything else is needed, please tell.

@ 2016-01-18  7:28                     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-18  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:03:12 +0100
>>
>> I have made a patch to be applied to emacs-25.
>> http://www.verona.se/xwidget_mvp.diff>
>> Basically I just made a diff between master and xwidget_mvp, and ignored
>> whitespace diffs. To test it I applied it to emacs-25 using patch. It
>> applied cleanly, except for a trivial rejected hunk in keyboard.c, which
>> I fixed in the patch. I then retested.
>>
>> I tried building withouth xwidget enabled, and with.
>>
>> Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should proceed?
>
> What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
> to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
> commit log message that describes the changes, and push.
>
> If anything else is needed, please tell.

I'm not familiar enough with the new commit log conventions.
I'm supposed to write a commit log entry rather than changelog entries
right?

If I can just have some suport regarding the commit message, I think I
can just push.

I have the tentative changelog messages included below.

* NEWS
** Xwidgets : A new feature for embedding native widgets
inside Emacs buffers. If you have gtk3 and webkit-devel installed,
you can try the embedded webkit browser with m-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url.

* lisp/Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>

	* xwidget.el: Improvements to the Xwidget feature.

2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>

	* xwidget.el: New file with support for the new Xwidget
          feature.
#+END_SRC
* src/Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>

        Various improvements to the Xwidget feature.
	* xwidgets.c:
        * emacsgtkfixed.c:

2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>

	New files for xwidgets:
	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h:
	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
	* window.c, Makefile.in, buffer.c, dispextern.h, dispnew.c, emacs.c:
	* emacsgtkfixed.c, emacsgtkfixed.h, keyboard.c, lisp.h, print.c:
	* termhooks.h, window.c, xdisp.c, xterm.c
#+END_SRC
* Changelog
#+BEGIN_SRC change-log
2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>

	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
	* configure.ac:
#+END_SRC

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-18 12:11                     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-18 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:03:12 +0100
>>
>> I have made a patch to be applied to emacs-25.
>> http://www.verona.se/xwidget_mvp.diff>
>> Basically I just made a diff between master and xwidget_mvp, and ignored
>> whitespace diffs. To test it I applied it to emacs-25 using patch. It
>> applied cleanly, except for a trivial rejected hunk in keyboard.c, which
>> I fixed in the patch. I then retested.
>>
>> I tried building withouth xwidget enabled, and with.
>>
>> Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should proceed?
>
> What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
> to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
> commit log message that describes the changes, and push.
>
> If anything else is needed, please tell.
>
> Thanks.

Here is an attempt at a commit message, after I read the relevant
section in CONTRIBUTE.

Support for the new Xwidget feature.

* configure.ac:
* window.c, Makefile.in, buffer.c, dispextern.h, dispnew.c, emacs.c:
* emacsgtkfixed.c, emacsgtkfixed.h, keyboard.c, lisp.h, print.c:
* termhooks.h, window.c, xdisp.c, xterm.c

New files for xwidgets:
* xwidget.c, xwidget.h, xwidget.el:

Co-authored-by:  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>

From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-18 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:28:58 +0100
>
> >> Could you help with applying the patch, or otherwise state how we should proceed?
> >
> > What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
> > to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
> > commit log message that describes the changes, and push.
> >
> > If anything else is needed, please tell.
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the new commit log conventions.
> I'm supposed to write a commit log entry rather than changelog entries
> right?

Yes.  But the conventions for formatting the commit log are almost the
same as for ChangeLog entries.  So this shouldn't be very different
from what you already knew.

> * NEWS
> ** Xwidgets : A new feature for embedding native widgets
> inside Emacs buffers. If you have gtk3 and webkit-devel installed,
> you can try the embedded webkit browser with m-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url.

For a significant feature such as this one, the NEWS entry should
mention the main variables/functions/commands provided by the feature.

> * lisp/Changelog
> #+BEGIN_SRC change-log
> 2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>
>
> 	* xwidget.el: Improvements to the Xwidget feature.

No need to say anything about a new file except that it's new.

>         Various improvements to the Xwidget feature.
> 	* xwidgets.c:

Likewise here.

>         * emacsgtkfixed.c:
>
> 2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>
>
> 	New files for xwidgets:
> 	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h:
> 	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
> 	* window.c, Makefile.in, buffer.c, dispextern.h, dispnew.c, emacs.c:
> 	* emacsgtkfixed.c, emacsgtkfixed.h, keyboard.c, lisp.h, print.c:
> 	* termhooks.h, window.c, xdisp.c, xterm.c
> #+END_SRC
> * Changelog
> #+BEGIN_SRC change-log
> 2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>
>
> 	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
> 	* configure.ac:

These, however, need to mention the functions where you made changes,
at least.  (You can invoke "C-x 4 a" from a buffer that visits the
diffs, which should avoid manual work to come up with the list of the
functions.)

@ 2016-01-18 21:52                         ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-18 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 08:28:58 +0100

>> > What kind of help do you need with the patch?  If it applies cleanly
>> > to the emacs-25 branch, just apply it, make sure you write a good
>> > commit log message that describes the changes, and push.
>> >
>> > If anything else is needed, please tell.
>>
>> I'm not familiar enough with the new commit log conventions.
>> I'm supposed to write a commit log entry rather than changelog entries
>> right?
>
> Yes.  But the conventions for formatting the commit log are almost the
> same as for ChangeLog entries.  So this shouldn't be very different
> from what you already knew.
>
>> * NEWS
>> ** Xwidgets : A new feature for embedding native widgets
>> inside Emacs buffers. If you have gtk3 and webkit-devel installed,
>> you can try the embedded webkit browser with m-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url.
>
> For a significant feature such as this one, the NEWS entry should
> mention the main variables/functions/commands provided by the feature.
>

>> * lisp/Changelog
>> #+BEGIN_SRC change-log
>> 2015-02-01  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>
>>
>> 	* xwidget.el: Improvements to the Xwidget feature.
>
> No need to say anything about a new file except that it's new.
>
>>         Various improvements to the Xwidget feature.
>> 	* xwidgets.c:
>
> Likewise here.
>
>>         * emacsgtkfixed.c:
>>
>> 2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>
>>
>> 	New files for xwidgets:
>> 	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h:
>> 	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
>> 	* window.c, Makefile.in, buffer.c, dispextern.h, dispnew.c, emacs.c:
>> 	* emacsgtkfixed.c, emacsgtkfixed.h, keyboard.c, lisp.h, print.c:
>> 	* termhooks.h, window.c, xdisp.c, xterm.c
>> #+END_SRC
>> * Changelog
>> #+BEGIN_SRC change-log
>> 2015-02-01  Joakim Verona  <joakim@verona.se>
>>
>> 	Support for the new Xwidget feature.
>> 	* configure.ac:
>
> These, however, need to mention the functions where you made changes,
> at least.  (You can invoke "C-x 4 a" from a buffer that visits the
> diffs, which should avoid manual work to come up with the list of the
> functions.)
>
> Thanks.

How about this?

* NEWS
** Xwidgets : A new feature for embedding native widgets
inside Emacs buffers. If you have gtk3 and webkit-devel installed, you
can access the embedded webkit browser with m-x
xwidget-webkit-browse-url. This will open a new buffer with the
embedded browser. The buffer will have a new mode, xwidget-webkit
mode which is similar to image mode, which supports the webkit widget.

*** New functions for xwidget-webkit mode `xwidget-webkit-insert-string',
`xwidget-webkit-adjust-size-dispatch', `xwidget-webkit-back',
`xwidget-webkit-browse-url', `xwidget-webkit-reload',
`xwidget-webkit-current-url', `xwidget-webkit-scroll-backward',
`xwidget-webkit-scroll-forward', `xwidget-webkit-scroll-down',
`xwidget-webkit-scroll-up',

* commit message
	Support for the new Xwidget feature.

	* configure.ac:
	(HAVE_XWIDGETS, WIDGET_OBJ, EMACS_CONFIG_FEATURES):
	* xterm.c (x_draw_glyph_string, x_draw_bar_cursor):
	* xdisp.c:
	(handle_display_spec, handle_single_display_spec, push_it)
	(pop_it, set_iterator_to_next, dump_glyph)
	(calc_pixel_width_or_height, fill_xwidget_glyph_string)
	(BUILD_XWIDGET_GLYPH_STRING, BUILD_GLYPH_STRINGS)
	(produce_xwidget_glyph, x_produce_glyphs)
	(get_window_cursor_type):
	* window.c (Fdelete_window_internal):
	* termhooks.h (e):
	* print.c (print_object):
	* lisp.h (ptrdiff_t):
	* keyboard.c (kbd_buffer_get_event, make_lispy_event)
	(syms_of_keyboard):
	* emacs.c (main):
	* dispnew.c (update_window, scrolling_window):
	* dispextern.h (g, i):
	* Makefile.in (XWIDGETS_OBJ, WEBKIT_CFLAGS, WEBKIT_LIBS)
	(GIR_LIBS, ALL_CFLAGS, base_obj, LIBES):
	* keyboard.c (kbd_buffer_get_event):
	* emacsgtkfixed.c (emacs_fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate)
	(emacs_fixed_class_init):

	New files for xwidgets:
	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h, xwidget.el:

    Co-authored-by:  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>
    Various improvements to the Xwidget feature.
	* xwidgets.c:
    * emacsgtkfixed.c:
	* xwidget.el:

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-19 15:53                           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-01-19 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: joakim@verona.se
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:52:00 +0100
>
> How about this?

Looks good, except...

> 	* emacsgtkfixed.c (emacs_fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate)
> 	(emacs_fixed_class_init):
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...this.  Something is missing after that colon, right?

> 	New files for xwidgets:
> 	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h, xwidget.el:

This should just say

	* src/xwidget.c:
	* src/xwidget.h:
	* lisp/xwidget.el: New files.

>     Co-authored-by:  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>

This should be on a separate line by its own.

Otherwise, it's good to go, thanks.

* Re: Merging the xwidget branch
@ 2016-01-19 20:08                             ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2016-01-19 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: joakim@verona.se
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:52:00 +0100
>>
>> How about this?
>
> Looks good, except...
>
>> 	* emacsgtkfixed.c (emacs_fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate)
>> 	(emacs_fixed_class_init):
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ...this.  Something is missing after that colon, right?
>
>> 	New files for xwidgets:
>> 	* xwidget.c, xwidget.h, xwidget.el:
>
> This should just say
>
> 	* src/xwidget.c:
> 	* src/xwidget.h:
> 	* lisp/xwidget.el: New files.
>
>>     Co-authored-by:  Grégoire Jadi  <daimrod@gmail.com>
>
> This should be on a separate line by its own.
>
> Otherwise, it's good to go, thanks.

I pushed just now.

--
Joakim Verona