Hello, Chong! On 2007-02-06, Chong Yidong said: > Chong Yidong writes: > >> The problem is in face-set-after-frame-default. The function >> merges in the X resources, then initializes attributes from frame >> parameters. However, if there is a scroll-bar X resource present, >> the call to make-face-x-resource-internal will chang the >> scroll-bar-* frame parameters in the process of changing the >> scroll-bar face. Therefore, any previously-applied frame >> parameters are lost. >> >> I think one fix is for face-set-after-frame-default to first >> construct a list of frame parameters to be applied (based on the >> new frame's frame-parameters and/or the face's value for new >> frames), then wait until after the call to >> make-face-x-resource-internal before applying these changes. > > I checked in the patch. It should be safe, but please keep an eye > out for any unexpected interaction between X resources and frame > parameters. Mode-line face has a similar bug. To reproduce: 1) emacs -Q -l ml 2) C-x 5 2