Tim Cross [2021-08-27 Fri 11:01] *wrote*: > I'm not sure this is true. I think virtually all developers are forced > to suffer email, but a gorwing number don't use it. Often, all the > discussions, notifications, comments etc are actually consumed via a > mobile 'app'. For these users, logging into their inbox is frustrating > and inconvenient because their inbox is full of pointless and old > messages/notifications/alerts they have already seen/received via other > channels. For these users, the primary reason they have an email address > is to have something to put into the 'login' box for web services they > use. Telling these users to use email to submit a patch is very similar > to me being told when I started using email that I had to send in a hard > copy via snail mail. It's a very intersting point about what email represent to different people that arising from this discussion. I'm half your age and use email for 2 reasons: 1. It's an identify for today's web. As such, it's becoming the main tool for tracking (especially as cookies phase out), so I use multiple boxes and regard them is disposable and spam-infected. 2. Receiving official documents from institutions. I don't talk to family, friends or coworkers via mail. Personally, I think it's old, not secure or private by default, very inconsistent (HTML rendering is arbitrary vs. text, multiple MUA) and just can't imagine using it as a software engineering tool. *Daniel Fleischer*