Starting simple, with the following four areas: ;; Convenient (setq scroll-preserve-screen-position t) (setq visual-order-cursor-movement t) (setq-default tab-width 4) (global-auto-revert-mode) (auto-save-visited-mode) (indent-tabs-mode -1) ;; Compatibility with other editors (electric-indent-mode) (electric-pair-mode) (cua-mode) ;; Session (desktop-save-mode) ;; Visual (tool-bar-mode -1) (global-visual-line-mode) (show-paren-mode) Some questions: 1. Do we want to split the audience to writers and programmers because it impacts the implementation and the messaging as well. 2. Do we also install popular and relevant Elpa packages as part of the profile setup or do we cross the line at variable setting? what about keybindings? -- Daniel Fleischer