* Rebuilding the Emacs Bazaar repository, for real this time.
@ 2009-07-29 21:11 Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2009-07-29 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Jason Earl

Jason, Andreas, ready for one more round, hopefully the final one?

I've filed a request [1] at Savannah to install Bazaar 1.17, so that
Savannah Loggerhead (and bzr smart-server if we need it) will support
the Bazaar "2a" format.

Jason, can you create a 2a repository at notengoamigos.org that we can
test?  Unless we discover some horrible problem, I think the branches
you create there will become the ones we actually switch to (i.e., your
trunk will become the new master, assuming we keep it up-to-date).

Andreas, assuming your git repository is up-to-date, I'm not sure
anything here needs your attention; just CC'ing in case you know
something I don't.

I've updated http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/EmacsBzrSwitchover and
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/BzrForEmacsDevs accordingly.  I will
be going over the switchover task list and doing as much as I can to
help the Savannah admins, including dealing with [2].

-Karl

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106951
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106531

* Re: Rebuilding the Emacs Bazaar repository, for real this time.
@ 2009-07-29 22:22 ` Andreas Schwab
       [not found] ` <87ws5r13z5.fsf@notengoamigos.org>
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2009-07-29 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Fogel; +Cc: Jason Earl, emacs-devel

Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@canonical.com> writes:

> Andreas, assuming your git repository is up-to-date, I'm not sure
> anything here needs your attention; just CC'ing in case you know
> something I don't.

Usually I update it once a day, but I can try to do it more often if
required.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Rebuilding the Emacs Bazaar repository, for real this time.
@ 2009-07-29 22:45   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2009-07-29 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Fogel; +Cc: Jason Earl, emacs-devel

Btw., if there is any part of the history that needs fixing please tell
me so that this can be done before the conversion to bzr.  For example,
if there is any history outside of the CVS repo that should be added to
the tree.

Andreas.

--

@ 2009-07-30  0:31 ` Stefan Monnier
       [not found] ` <87ws5r13z5.fsf@notengoamigos.org>
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-07-30  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Fogel; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Jason Earl, emacs-devel

> Jason, can you create a 2a repository at notengoamigos.org that we can
> test?  Unless we discover some horrible problem, I think the branches
> you create there will become the ones we actually switch to (i.e., your
> trunk will become the new master, assuming we keep it up-to-date).

Actually, I'd rather first try out the repository for a few days, so it
doesn't matter if that repository is out-of-date when we install it, but
it will be out-of-date when we decide "yes, it's OK".
IOW, a new conversion will be needed afterwards.

* Re: Rebuilding the Emacs Bazaar repository, for real this time.
@ 2009-07-30  3:37   ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2009-07-30  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Jason Earl, emacs-devel

>> Jason, can you create a 2a repository at notengoamigos.org that we can
>> test?  Unless we discover some horrible problem, I think the branches
>> you create there will become the ones we actually switch to (i.e., your
>> trunk will become the new master, assuming we keep it up-to-date).
>
> Actually, I'd rather first try out the repository for a few days, so it
> doesn't matter if that repository is out-of-date when we install it, but
> it will be out-of-date when we decide "yes, it's OK".
> IOW, a new conversion will be needed afterwards.

Well, I don't know if we'll need a whole new conversion -- hopefully we
can just bring in the necessary changes to get it up-to-date, when the
time comes.  But either way, the first thing to do is get a conversion
(thank you, Jason) and test it.

-Karl

@ 2009-08-04 19:58   ` Karl Fogel
From: Karl Fogel @ 2009-08-04 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Earl; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Karl Fogel, emacs-devel

Jason Earl <jearl@notengoamigos.org> writes:
> Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@canonical.com> writes:
>> Jason, Andreas, ready for one more round, hopefully the final one?
>>
>> I've filed a request [1] at Savannah to install Bazaar 1.17, so that
>> Savannah Loggerhead (and bzr smart-server if we need it) will support
>> the Bazaar "2a" format.
>>
>> Jason, can you create a 2a repository at notengoamigos.org that we can
>> test?  Unless we discover some horrible problem, I think the branches
>> you create there will become the ones we actually switch to (i.e.,
>> your trunk will become the new master, assuming we keep it
>> up-to-date).
>
> I just started a conversion.  I'll get it up as soon as it is done.

Going okay?  (I know it can take a while...)

Meanwhile:

I've updated https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?106951 with news
that we should have a bzr 1.17 backport to install on the Savannah
servers soon (thanks to Sylvain Beucler for pointing out that that's how
to get the upgrade done).

I'm looking at https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?106531,
although I'm not sure that a fix is absolutely required there, since
limiting diff size by line is an okay proxy for limiting it by byte in
most situations.

-Karl