* [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?
@ 2019-11-07 18:32 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-11-07 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.

Regards
--
Pankaj Jangid

* Re: [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?
@ 2019-11-08  0:09 ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2019-11-08  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: emacs-devel

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj.jangid@gmail.com> writes:

> Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
> end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not seeing any issues on my end.  Did this start happening
recently?  Is it consistently reproducible?

Could you please describe in more detail the symptoms you're
experiencing?  Do you get a backtrace, a timeout or just a hang?  Any
error message?

Could it be related to the new SSL certificate on ELPA?  I believe it
has recently changed.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

* Re: [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?
@ 2019-11-08 17:48   ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-11-08 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:
> Pankaj Jangid <pankaj.jangid@gmail.com> writes:
>> Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
>> end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.
> I'm not seeing any issues on my end.  Did this start happening
> recently?  Is it consistently reproducible?

In the last 15 hours I have tried it several times at home and office
network. The issue is not coming up again.

> Could you please describe in more detail the symptoms you're
> experiencing?  Do you get a backtrace, a timeout or just a hang?  Any
> error message?

Yes. There was error message but I forgot to copy it at that time. It
was connection failure but I don't remember exactly if it was connection
refused or something else.

> Could it be related to the new SSL certificate on ELPA?  I believe it
> has recently changed.

This is possible. But now everything is fine. So I consider this
closed. And sorry for the noise. :-|

Regards,
--

@ 2019-11-08 23:01 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2019-11-08 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, pankaj.jangid

Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> This is possible. But now everything is fine.

I flagged a similar issue on September (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00499.html). It seemed resolved but it showed up again a few days ago.. It seems it comes out randomly. It occurs only with macOS build of master (here macOS is 10.13.6).

Never seen it with Windows or GNU/Linux builds.

 Angelo

* Re: [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?
@ 2019-11-09  4:13 ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-11-09  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it> writes:
> I flagged a similar issue on September
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00499.html). It
> seemed resolved but it showed up again a few days ago.. It seems it
> comes out randomly. It occurs only with macOS build of master (here
> macOS is 10.13.6).

I forgot to mention. I reported it for macOS only. Mine is 10.15.1.

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid