Le 24 Mar 2005, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu a dit : > I think specifying mac-roman fonts for mule-unicode-* charsets has > never been valid. Only a few characters are displayed correctly (the > first attachment). Indeed. I have made some attempts in that way to have a correct display of euro char and box drawing chars for the Gnus threads tree. I only succeed for the euro char. I added an attachment of my usual display. > Could you show the concrete procedure about > create-fontset-from-mac-roman-font? To get back my display once I noticed that my fontset definition is ignored, i tried several methods : - selecting in the popup menu (S-Mouse1) - following your example M-: (set-frame-font (create-fontset-from-mac-roman-font "-apple-monaco-medium-r-normal--9-90-75-75-m-90-mac-roman")) I can see that the frame briefly flashes then it redisplays with the etl font. I also added the custom-set-variables for face-font-registry-alternatives as you advised. The only useful setting is the "defaults write" method. > I can display some of mule-unicode-0100-24ff characters with this (the > second attachment). As I said in the post in last December, Steven Tamm > also failed in displaying Cyrillic characters in his environment, and we > couldn't figure out the reason. So, there maybe some common cause of that. I have noticed formerly that some characters displays correctly (euro, eastern Europe languages) but many fail in the range 2500-33ff and display instead some Cyrillic. It seems also that now Chinese/Japanese messages that i get sometimes with Gnus in the forums are not displayed anymore : the glyphs are now all hollow boxes. Could you give an example of a full fontset definition ? I am not that familiar with it and OSX is the only platform where I have display problems (GNU/Linux hopefully provides the unifont) and I surely made some errors with it... Regards.