Hi there, Just updated my system and try to re-build Emacs. I installed the required libs by the output of 'ldd emacs' (attached). The funny thing is Emacs isn't linked to libXt. But if libXt/libXt-devel is not installed, the configure script won't be able to detect the window_system. ,---- | Where should the build process find the source code? /home/emacs/emacs | What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use? | `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h' | What compiler should emacs be built with? gcc -O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer | Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc? yes | (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.) | Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers? yes | Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation? no | What window system should Emacs use? none | What toolkit should Emacs use? GTK | Where do we find X Windows header files? NONE | Where do we find X Windows libraries? NONE | Does Emacs use -lXaw3d? no | Does Emacs use -lXpm? no | Does Emacs use -ljpeg? no | Does Emacs use -ltiff? no | Does Emacs use -lungif? no | Does Emacs use -lpng? no | Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars? yes `---- I am wondering is libXt-devel a false requirement to build Emacs?