David Kastrup wrote: > Sascha Wilde writes: >> So, what about the idea I sketched in my patch? > > The proper fix would be to have something more fine-grained than > language-environment inside of Emacs. > > Until such a time, your fix appeared like the right thing to do at > that junction to me. Your patch (I am going my memory here) has the > disadvantage that it might look up the empty string as a language > explicitly, expecting it to turn up nil. That's sort of ugly. Here a revised version of the patch: