* Re: master 7e3a95d: Add way to prevent asking "increase specpdl size?"
       [not found] ` <20201016023321.7506C20CB6@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2020-10-16  8:41   ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2020-10-16  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Richard M Stallman

>>>>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:33:21 -0400 (EDT), rms@gnu.org (Richard M. Stallman) said:

    rms> branch: master
    rms> commit 7e3a95d8fd0ced4a75edea7b14b3038b1997d516
    rms> Author: Richard M Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
    rms> Commit: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>

    rms>     Add way to prevent asking "increase specpdl size?"

    rms>     * net/shr.el (shr-offer-extend-specpdl): New option, default t.
    rms>     (shr-descend): If shr-offer-extend-specpdl is nil, don't even ask
    rms>     whether to extend the specpdl, just signal error.

I think this is the wrong default, it enables a denial-of-service
attack on emacs that didnʼt exist before.

Robert

* Re: master 7e3a95d: Add way to prevent asking "increase specpdl size?"
@ 2020-10-17  4:22     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2020-10-17  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-devel

  > I think this is the wrong default, it enables a denial-of-service
  > attack on emacs that didnʼt exist before.

I did not change the default behavior.

--
Dr Richard Stallman

* Re: master 7e3a95d: Add way to prevent asking "increase specpdl size?"
@ 2020-10-18 17:40       ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2020-10-18 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stallman; +Cc: emacs-devel

    Richard> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
    Richard> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
    Richard> [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

    >> I think this is the wrong default, it enables a denial-of-service
    >> attack on emacs that didnʼt exist before.

    Richard> I did not change the default behavior.

Indeed you didnʼt, I misread the code, and I apologise.

Robert

* Re: master 7e3a95d: Add way to prevent asking "increase specpdl size?"
@ 2020-10-19  3:47         ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2020-10-19  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-devel

  >     Richard> I did not change the default behavior.

  > Indeed you didnʼt, I misread the code, and I apologise.

Don't worry, it's no biggie.  Happy hacking.

--
Dr Richard Stallman